Install GeoTrust True BusinessID, Enterprise SSL and Wildcard Certificate on Apache
To install the GeoTrust SSL certificate on Apache, follow the instructions below:
This document provides instructions for installing GeoTrust SSL Certificates. If the instructions below are not sufficient, GeoTrust recommends that the server vendor be contacted or an organization that supports Apache-SSL.
Step 1: Obtain the GeoTrust Intermediate CA Certificate Bundle
a) Download the GeoTrust Intermediate CA Certificate Bundle from the following solution: AR1421
Note: Be sure to use Vi or Notepad as word processing programs like Microsoft Word may add additional characters that may render the certificate unusable.
b) Copy and paste the GeoTrust Intermediate CA Certificate Bundle into a text file and save as "intermediate.crt".
Step 2: Install the GeoTrust SSL Certificate
1. Download the certificate as per the instruction on the following solutions.
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal, refer to solution SO15168
2. To follow the naming convention for Apache, rename the certificate filename with the .crt extension. For example: cert.crt
3. Copy the Certificate into the directory that will be used for storing the certificates. For example: /usr/local/ssl/crt/.
Step 3: Configure the Server
1. In order to use the key pair, the httpd.conf file will need to be updated.
2. In the Virtual Host settings for the site locate the httpd.conf file. Verify that the following three directives exist within the Virtual Host section. Please add them if they are not present:
Note: Some versions of Apache will not accept the SSLCACertificateFile directive. Try using SSLCertificateChainFile instead.